BlogLayout

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Outfit 32 - Petite Fashion Challenge #9 - "Heat Wave Appropriate"

Thanks to Elle of Fast Food & Fast Fashion for hosting this month's Petite Fashion Challenge!  Yay!!  :D  This challenge involved creating an outfit that takes you from the summer heat outdoors to cooler, air-conditioned environments indoors.  


Here's the basic outfit.  The shirt is nice and billowy to allow for maximum air flow, especially to the armpits!  Hehehehe.  =P  The belt looks almost black, but it's suppose to be a dark forest green.


I didn't do much to the outfit except adding a cardigan.  That's how "easy" it is for me.  =P  It doesn't get to 90 degrees around here (darn!) so I'm usually content with the weather outside.  I'm obsessed with cardigans because they're very portable and easy for me to stuff into my purse.  That doesn't mean it comes out wrinkle-free though, sadly!  :/  Oh wells, warmth over looks, right??  ^_~ 


I decided to roll up the sleeves.  :)



The necklace and brooch were both from Claire's (or Icings).  I buy accessories there when they have their 10 for $10 sale.  I remember the good ol' days when it used to be 10 for $5!  Oh, how the times have changed!  =P


And, oh, I finally got my hands on some red shoes, from Target!!  :D  Both a size 5.5 and a size 6 were available, and I chose the size 6 because it felt more comfortable on my toes in the front.  Even though that was the case, I kept stepping out of the shoe while walking, so I definitely need to put in some heel liners and maybe some padding in the front to keep myself from slipping out.  Other than that, I love these shoes!  I never liked the color red as a child, but nowadays, I definitely don't mind wearing it!  =P 


Shirt - Thrifted 
Skirt - Thrifted 
Cardigan - Thrifted 
Necklace - Claire's 
Brooch - Claire's 
Belt - Thrifted
Shoes - Target

12 comments:

  1. Cute and classic! I typically just throw on a cardigan too :) Loving the necklace and great find on the Target shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pairing of a top with billowy sleeves! That was one option I hadn't thought of. Love the red peeptoe wedges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those shoes - who knew Target had such cute shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two words: love it!

    LeeAnne, Style N Season
    http://stylenseason.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tops that don't stick to the armpits cause I have serious sweating issues in that area, haha! I also want to move where you live with the mild summers :) excessive heat stinks! I'm liking the red's being added to your wonderful wardrobe! I love seeing red shoes, but for some reason, I can't seem to find any good red shoes for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blouse! That's a year-round piece for sure! Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome look - I love the floral design and all the colors you could extract from it! I totally agree with you about the armpit area! Nothing worse than pit problems!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love those shoes!!!! That top is gorgeous, love the way you styled it. The colour of the cardi and the shoes are really playing off the pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red shoes & Red Cardigan...I love the matching.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @SewPetiteGal - Thanks! Good ol' trusty cardigans!

    @Cee - Billowy sleeves FTW!

    @sweetarchivia - Yes, Target definitely has *very* cute shoes!

    @LeeAnne, Style N Season - Thanks!!

    @Olyvia - Hahaha. You and I both!! Thanks for sharing too!! :D Hehehe. I tend to like heat, though I will agree it's quite mild where I live. =P Good luck finding some cute red shoes for yourself! :D

    @Kiki - Thanks, Kiki! I love versatile pieces like that! :D

    @Erin - Yeah, armpit issues stink....pun intended! Hahahaha.

    @Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews) - Thanks!! The shoes are still available online, I think. :) I'm starting to love red! :D

    @el.vi. - I love matching too! It's the easiest way for an outfit to come together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The brooch is great! I've always loved the combination of red, grey, and black. Very classic and put together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @questforfashionsense.com - Thanks! I love that brooch too! It's a cheapy but goody! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...