BlogLayout

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Outfit 10 - Brown Floral Skort

Here I go again, attempting to mix patterns!  I like the blouse because it's silky and light.  The pattern is not my usual fare though!  I like the look of the skort from the front.  Not sure about the back though! 


Here's a picture so you can see the back of the skort.


 

I wore this houndstooth blazer to top it off.  Yet another pattern added to the mix!  I bought this 2.5 years ago at Target for $5 from the 75% off rack.  =D  That's usually the only clothing rack I check while there.  :)


Just wanted to see how the blazer looked buttoned up!

I wore the necklace outside of my shirt, and I thought I was so clever!  =P  Hahaha.  Turns out it's done all the time!  =P  


Blouse: Gap - Thrifted
Skort: Thrifted
Blazer: Target
Belt: Thrifted
Shoes: Target
Necklace: Target
Purse: Vintage - Gifted

6 comments:

  1. I really like the silhouette of the skort! I think the high-waist thing really works on you. The fact that your different prints are neutral in colors they blend really well together! I actually learned about wearing necklaces over shirts from bloggers just recently too! If I hadn't stumbled upon these blogs...I think I would have never noticed how to style anything...for some reason magazines don't excite me much as blogs for fashion inspiration (maybe because real-life people are more relate-able than airbrushed skinny tall models)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Olyvia - Thanks! I never thought I'd be doing the high-waisted thing! Well, I think skirts are okay, but I dunno about pants though!! >_< Yeah, I've stopped browsing fashion magazines altogether and get my inspiration from fashion blogs exclusively! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your pattern mixing definitely works! I think it definitely helps when the color palette is in the same family. Love the necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SewPetiteGal - Thanks! I guess the next step is to challenge myself with colors not in the same family! SCARY! o.O

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been really into blouses lately and i adore your blouse. and seriously...with everyone finding such great things at thrift stores, i gotta jump on this bandwagon. i'm determine to hit a second-hand store this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sunshine - Yes, please do! And do a haul for us! I would love to see what items you end up getting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...